eShare 144 Release Notes
Trusted Share creation via Microsoft Azure Blob Storage
A significant new feature is being introduced with this release, the ability to create Trusted Shares from an Azure Blob Storage container that is linked in the eShare Portal as a Cloud Provider. Utilizing blob storage for Trusted Share creation provides cost and performance advantages over SharePoint. And when coupled with Microsoft’s SFTP support for Azure Blob storage, it allows eShare to replace SFTP servers for bulk file transfer where the external party is using an SFTP client to download or upload shared files.
As Blob storage is explicitly designed to offer fast access to massive amounts of data, we are excited to help our customers explore this new feature to better serve their various use cases. Please contact your eShare Customer Success manager for additional information.
Attribute Based Access Control (ABAC) evaluation upon file access
When ABAC is configured for use with eShare, we now call the ABAC Policy Decision Point (PDP) whenever labeled files are accessed by recipients. The PDP returns an access decision, with a reason for any block. If a block occurs, we allow the recipient to request access to blocked files, with a provided business justification. Trusted Share owners are notified of the access request and provided an opportunity to approve access and override the block, but they must provide a justification of their own. This enhancement allows recipient access to labeled files to be determined in real-time based on the access policies set within the ABAC PDP system. This mirrors the ABAC-based approval process that already occurs when Trusted Shares are created.
My Shares and Shared With Me update
The Trusted Share tables within the My Shares and Shared With Me pages of the Cloud Web Portal have been redesigned. We now allow users to choose which columns to display and to change the sizing of each. And sorting is now available with all columns. Lastly, for ease-of-access, the “…” actions menu has been moved from the far right of each row and placed right next to each Trusted Share name.
“View All” new @Mentions within Secure Conversations
When users are notified of new Secure Conversation @mentions within the Cloud Web Portal, the notification now includes a “View All” link that automatically applies a Secure Conversations filter so that only those messages with unread @mentions are shown.
A “Trusted Sharing” button, has been added to the quick access toolbar in the Cloud Provider Page, removing the need for users to right-click or interact with the “…” file action menu when they want to create a Trusted Share from a file/folder.
- There was an issue under certain circumstances that would cause multiple entries of the same user to be generated in “Manage Users” section of the admin section of the Portal. This has been corrected and should no longer be the case.
- There was an issue that would prevent Trusted Shares from being pinned in the Shared With Me section of the Portal. This has been corrected and should no longer be the case.
- In rare cases, the filters applied in the Auditing page would fail to sort events alphabetically. This has been corrected and should no longer be the case.
- Under certain conditions, files that had been marked as favorite in a Trusted Share, would fail to be removed as favorite if the action was performed in bulk. This has been corrected and should no longer be the case.
- Under certain conditions, a user would be unable to download a zipped folder of a file that has a sensitivity label assigned to it. This has been corrected and should no longer be the case.