Cloud Web Portal 129 Release Notes
- SharePoint Trusted Sharing application
Trusted Shares can now be created from within SharePoint Online, allowing users who are already managing and curating their content within SharePoint to also create their Trusted Shares from the same UX. The application is a native SharePoint app that is installed to all SharePoint sites by an O365 admin (our best practice) or to select sites by an admin or SharePoint site owner. A summary of the application can be foundhereand installation instructions can be found here.
- Support for URL files
URL files, containing a shortcut that points to a specific URL, can now be opened in a new browser tab. Previously a URL file could only be downloaded. To enable this feature, a new option "Behavior for clicking .url files" has been added to the "Device policy" settings page of "Manage Organization". This allows administrators to define e-Share's behavior when users click on a URL file within a Trusted Share or from the Cloud Provider page. The options are "Download file" and "Open in new tab".
- Teams Trusted Sharing application (Preview)
To deepen our integration with the native collaboration capabilities of O365, we have developed an application that provides easy and intuitive access from the Teams UX to Trusted Shares related to Teams channels and their associated SharePoint document libraries. This allows Trusted Shares contained within My Shares and Shared With Me to be accessed and managed from within Teams, with the same options and collaboration capabilities that are provided by the e-Share Web Portal. The Teams and SharePoint applications work together to provide users a native O365 UX for creating, accessing and managing Trusted Shares. Please contact your e-Share Account Executive or Customer Success manager to arrange for a preview of the e-Share Trusted Sharing for Teams application.
- PowerBi report additions
- The Trusted Shares report on the Trusted Share Creation page of our Power BI reports has been expanded to include the Information Barrier (IB) Sharing Group, if any, assigned to a Trusted Share during its creation. This allows report viewers to evaluate the activities related to Trusted Shares based on their IB Sharing Group.
- A new report, "PDF Page Views", has been added to the Trusted Share File Activity Page. This report includes the number of Page Views and View Duration for PDF files viewed from a Trusted Share.
Outlook add-in "Brand watermarking"
The Outlook add-in now supports the "Brand watermark" option that is already available for Trusted Shares generated via the e-Share Web Portal. The option will be displayed in the add-in if the Organization administrator has it enabled brand watermarking for a Sharing Policy assigned to the Outlook add-in.
"My recent" tab enhancement
An enhancement has been made to the "My recent" tab that is available when Trusted Shares are opened. Users now have access to most of the file operatiions that are present in the "All files" tab of Trusted Shares. This includes "Open file location", "View in Word online", "download" and "show version history".
Error message for invalid OTP phone number
Changed the message displayed when a user entered an invalid phone number when requesting an OTP for a Trusted Share that requires one, from a generic error message, to one that better conveys to the user that the phone number he used is invalid.
- We changed the message displayed when a user enters an invalid phone number setting up a mobile device to receive One Time Passwords to access a Trusted Share. The message now conveys to the user why the phone number they used is invalid.
- There was an issue when a user attempted to resize his browser window when viewing a PDF file, that would generate an error within the browser session. This has been corrected and the browser session should no longer crash.
- There was an issue under certain conditions that would cause the sensitivity label tab within the Web Portal not to display the applied sensitivity label of a given file. This has been corrected and should under all circumstances display the sensitivity label.
- There was an issue when editing the Sharing options of a Trusted Share, that would cause the "Edit" option to be enabled at the same time with "brand watermark". This has been corrected and the two options should once again be mutually exclusive.
- There was an issue when viewing a file in a Trusted Share, that would cause the file to render again if the user resized the window to less than 992 px. This has been corrected and should no longer be the case.
- There was an issue when a Sharing Policy that had the "Brand watermark" option enabled and the user override set to "On" that would cause the "Edit" option to fail to activate when a user attempted to enable it from the Trusted Share Options screen. This has been corrected and should no longer be the case.
- There was an issue with the way replies were formatted and displayed when users replied to a Trusted Share generated via our Secure Message Gateway. This has been corrected and should no longer be the case.
- There was an issue that would cause the default branding assigned to an organization to not be honored for newly provisioned users. Newly provisioned users will once again be properly assigned the default organization branding unless specified otherwise.
- There was an issue that would cause the "Brand watermark" option not to save properly when a new Sharing Policy was created if no brand image option was selected from the ones available. The new behavior will ensure that if no option is selected, it will always default to the first based on alphabetical sorting.