CWP 121 Release Notes
- Information Barrier
A new feature has been introduced named Information Barriers. This feature allows organization administrators to define the sharing relationship between internal groups in order to limit sharing between these groups. IBs are useful if one department is handling information that shouldn't be shared with other departments. IBs are also useful when a group needs to be isolated or prevented from communicating with anyone outside of that group.
Some key points of IB include:
- Users can be part of no more than one IB group.
- IB only applies to internal users of the organization, no effect on external sharing
- IB groups are synched daily to e-Share
- PDF digital signature
A new feature has been introduced that provides the ability to digitally sign PDF files delivered to recipients via Trusted Shares. To provide a signature, users will be able to select from three options available, draw, insert image or type.
The feature is accompanied by the respective Audit events, generated when a user signs a document or makes any changes.
- Consumer Domains
A new feature has been introduced when utilizing the "Allow/Block sharing to specific domains" feature within each Sharing Policy. Admins that enable the "Block sharing to specific domains", can now effectively block the most common public domains by inserting the <consumer_domains> value in the "List of blocked users/domains" field.
The list of consumer domains is updated daily, based on the list provided here: 16413 Free or Disposable Email Providers Domains - Collected and combined from various resources primarily built on top of lists provided by Okutbay & frankwarwick · GitHub
- Include original message in email notifications
A new feature has been introduced, that allows users who are invited to a pre existing Trusted Share via the "Forward To" option, to receive the original message composed during the creation of the Trusted Share in their email notification. This will hopefully allow for important information to be visible to newly added recipients in Trusted Shares with an extensive amount of secure messages already present.
- New Audit event
An addition of one more Audit event has been made, capturing the successful addition (or failure) of a SharePoint site for use in Cloud Web Portal by an organization administrator.
- Add/remove cloud provider Audit event
Audit events that capture the addition or removal of a cloud provider will now include a details pane, that displays the options configured for said cloud provider.
- Support email in Organization branding
An enhancement has been introduced in the "Help page URL or Support email" field in Corporate branding administrator page, increasing the character count to 1000. This enables additional options such as including mailto:email@example.com while also supporting the addition of a subject and email body text.
- Edit option in Trusted Share menu
An enhancement has been introduced, for Trusted Shares that have the "Edit" option enabled, that will display the "Edit" option in the menu bar in addition to the right click menu where it is already present.
- Support for local time zones
An enhancement has been introduced for email notifications that contain Date/Time information (such as requests to extend access to a Trusted Share), that will now display the local time of the user based on his location.
- There was an issue with lower resolution screens, where attempting to use the scroll bar in the Trusted Share modal window would result in the window force closing. This has been resolved and users should once again be able to scroll through the options.
- There was a minor issue that would result in the search SharePoint sites menu when attempting to link a SharePoint site to e-Share, to render in the bottom right corner of the screen. This has been corrected and the search menu should once again render on the top right of the screen.
- There was an issue (under very specific circumstances), with users elevated as co owners of a Trusted Share, that would result in them being unable to add additional recipients in a Trusted Share. This edge case has been corrected and should no longer manifest.