Administrators of e-Share portal for the organization can manage users’ settings to perform the following actions from “Manage Organization” tab:
- Apply branding – Override organizational branding assigned to the user
- Change vanity domain – Override the default e-Share vanity domain assigned to the user
- Restore defaults – Restore branding and vanity domain defaults for the user
- Make admin – Elevate a regular user to e-Share administrator role
- Disable admin – Disable e-Share administrator role for a user
- Disable – Deactivate a user for access to e-Share
- Enable – Reactivate a user who was previously disabled for access to e-Share
- Remove – Delete user from e-Share application
Modify User Settings
To update user settings, navigate to Manage Organization tab in e-Share portal. In Users view, search for the user, and click on “Settings” button to expand available options.
Override Branding: From the ‘Organization branding’ drop-down list, select the new branding desired to be applied to the user and click on ‘Save settings’ to update. The new branding is displayed to the user upon next login or when the user’s browser is refreshed. This change is also applied to all active shares and is visible to all recipients of the user’s trusted shares.
Override Vanity Domain: From the ‘Vanity domain’ drop-down list, select the new vanity domain desired applied to user and click on ‘Save settings’ to update. The user is automatically redirected to the new vanity domain during next login. Only new shares created by the user since this update use the new vanity domain URL. All existing trusted shares prior to this change will continue to function under the previously vanity domain URL.
Restore Defaults: With the expanded settings view for the user, click on ‘Restore defaults’ button, followed by ‘Save settings’ button. This restores the user’s branding and vanity domain to the organization’s default brand and vanity domain URL.
e-Share Role Update
To update user role in e-Share, navigate to Manage Organization tab in e-Share portal. In Users view, search for the user. Under ‘Choose action’ button for the user, select ‘Make admin’ and confirm when prompted for the change to take effect. Notice that user’s row is changed to yellow font indicating the user is e-Share administrator.
To disable e-Share administrator role for the user, click on ‘Choose action’ button and select ‘Revoke admin’ option. Confirm when prompted for the change to be saved. Notice that the user’s row is changed to black font indicating the user has a regular active role in e-Share.
Change User’s Access to e-Share
To disable, enable or remove user for e-Share access, click on ‘Choose action’ for a selected user to view the menu options as show below.
Disable: To disable a user’s access to e-Share, click on ‘Choose action’ and select ‘Disable’ option. When prompted, click on ‘Confirm’ to apply changes. See below for sample confirmation prompt.
Note that the user’s row is updated to light gray font indicating the user’s account is disabled in e-Share. For organizations with Single Sign-on or OpenID Connect enabled, users disabled in e-Share are denied access to the application even when the user’s account in the organization is still active and enabled.
Note: Any active Trusted Shares created by users whose account is disabled are automatically disabled. Recipients see a message indicating the share is no longer active.
Enable: To activate a user whose access to e-Share was previously disabled, click on ‘Choose action’ and select ‘Enable’ option. When prompted, click on ‘Confirm’ to apply the change. Note that the user’s row is updated to black font indicating the user’s account is active and enabled for access to e-Share.
Note: Any Trusted Shares created by such newly enabled user and have future expiration date are activated. Recipients of such trusted shares have resumed access to such shares.
Remove: To delete a user from e-Share application, click on ‘Choose action’ button for the user and select ‘Remove’ from the menu option. Click on ‘Confirm’ when prompted to initiate deletion of the user’s e-Share account. See below for sample confirmation prompt.
- Only user accounts in disabled status can be removed from e-Share application. To delete a user, first step is to disable the account, followed by remove account
- User account removal is non-reversible action. Any trusted shares created by the user are automatically deleted, recipients of shares from such users see message indicating the share was deleted
- If the user account is deleted from e-Share but the user still has an active account in the organization, such user may sign in via SSO/OpenID and have a new e-Share account created. However, previously created trusted shares are no longer available