Install eShare SharePoint App to Organization’s Microsoft Tenant
To begin with, the procedure described below assumes that the administrator responsible for adding the application is assigned with the SharePoint Administrator or Global Administrator role.
When an administrator is adding an application from the SharePoint Apps Store, is given the option to decide whether to “Only enable this app” or to “Enable this app and add it to all sites”. eShare’s best practice recommendation is to “Enable this app and add it to all sites”. If your organization chooses to “Only enable this app”, this will make the application available for site owners to add it from the “My apps” page later.
To add eShare SharePoint application and enable it for all sites:
- Access SharePoint Admin Center (https://yourdomain.sharepoint.com) and go the “More features” page and click “Open” under Apps, as illustrated below:
- You will be brought to the Manage Apps page, from here select Upload, this will open file explorer. Navigate to where the SharePoint App Package is located, select the package and open the file (If you do not have the Teams app package, please contact your eShare Customer Success Manager).
- eShare’s application provides the option to “Enable this app and add it to all sites” in the organization so that site owners don’t have to and is the recommended option according to eShare’s best practices. Alternatively, you can select to “Only enable this app” and let site owners to add it later to their sites. Additionally, while on the “Confirm data access” window, the administrator will be presented with information regarding the application’s data access, as well as the required API access after the application has been enabled. Click on “Add” to add the application:
- Upon clicking the “Add” button from the previous step, a new window will pop up, requiring from the administrator to approve the required access for this application to work as expected. To do so, click the “Go to API access page” button:
- You will then be redirected to SharePoint’s API access page, from where you can check and verify the API access details for eShare’s SharePoint application:
- You can confirm and verify successful installation and operation of the application by visiting any of your existing SharePoint sites, locate a file and click on it. You should then be able to see the “Create Trusted Share” option in the file actions menu, as well the “Create Trusted Share” icon on the file actions bar as shown below:
- Congratulations, you have successfully installed eShare SharePoint Application to your tenant’s SharePoint sites and you can now start “Collaborating Powerfully”.