CWP 124 Release Notes
- Modification and assignment of Secure Mail Gateway (SMG) email notification templates (PREVIEW)
An additional section in Manage Organization has been added called "SMG e-mail branding". This page allows organization admins to modify the generic email templates utilized by SMG when sending out secure emails and related notifications. An editor allows the modification of the text displayed in each email template to accommodate specialized email notification, in terms of content, to the recipient. Modified templates can be saved as a new template set and assigned to specific Sharing Polices or to specific Corporate Brands. This feature requires the organization to have licensed the Secure Mail Gateway module.
This feature is in Preview mode and is being made available to clients with the understanding that it will be accessed and utilized only in consultation with the e-Share Customer Success team. Organization admins that desire to explore this feature should contact their Customer Success point of contact to schedule a session to demonstrate best practices and provide any needed guidance and support.
- One-Time Password (OTP) persistence
A new feature has been introduced for Trusted Shares that utilize OTP for authenticating recipient access to the Trusted Share. Utilizing a browser cookie, OTP passwords required to access a Trusted Share can now be optionally valid for up to 14 days on the same active browser session. When enabled, this eliminates the need for the recipient to request a new OTP upon each and every access to the Trusted Share. Organization administrators can enable "OTP persistence" from the Manage Organization --> Device Policy page.
- Office Online as "view only" viewer for Office files
When viewing Microsoft Office files in a Trusted Share with only viewing being allowed, the file would be converted to a PDF to ensure the file would not be available for download. An enhancement has been made that allows Office files to be viewed in Office Online, but with the "save" and "print" options disabled when the Trusted Share policy has the "download" option disabled. Using Office Online for vewing eliminates the formating differences that can sometimes occur when PDF conversion occurs.
- Copy Link support for "One-Time Password" and "Recipients can invite others"
The Sharing Policy assigned to the Copy Link feature now supports "One-Time Password" and "Recipient can invite others" flows. This allows recipients of a Trusted Share created via Copy Link to invite others to access the share, with the Trusted Share owner being notified and their approval being optionally required. This also allows external recipients to verify their identity by receiving an OTP password. Previously, only authentication via login was supported.
- There was an issue that caused the "..." menu in the Cloud Provider page to appear truncated when viewing the page in landscape mode on mobile devices. This has been corrected and should no longer be the case.
- There was an issue where users that were removed from SharePoint groups were still able to access the document library and generate Trusted Shares in the e-Share Portal. This has been corrected and the SharePoint site should also be removed in from the Cloud Provider page when a user is no longer a member of said SharePoint site.
- There was a minor issue when selecting multiple files in a subfolder that would cause the selection of files to persist even if the user went up a level. This has been corrected and file selection should no longer persist.